So this is my first time ever making/eating curry! I have always wanted to try it just didn’t have the guts to. This recipe is adapted from the blog mentioned in a earlier post about clean eating. Check the blog out here. My recipe is somewhat different then the original one. With this we had some brown rice at the bottom.
What you need
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 lb of chicken breast (bite sized pieces)
How to make it
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it starts to brown. Add the garlic and salt and cook one minute, stirring frequently, until the garlic is fragrant but not burnt.
- Add in the curry powder and ginger and cook one minute, stirring frequently. Add in the coconut milk, water, tomatoes, and tomato paste and stir vigorously to scrape any browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Add chicken and simmer until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit about 3 minutes.
I served dinner with a 1/2 cup of cooked brown rice and 1/2 cup of curry. It was a good recipe and something different from what I usually make/eat. I think if I keep this in the meal rotation, I’ll do some more tweaking to the recipe to make it a little more spicy ( and I also won’t overcook the rice oops!)
Here is the final result, it taste way better than it looks!