So this recipe is what I use to make my sausage that I eat for breakfast during the week . I make the full recipe Sunday/Monday and then just keep the rest in the fridge until I need them. This recipe came from one of my favorite blogs and is something that I really find tasty.
What you need
- 3/4 lb ground turkey or chicken ( I use turkey)
- 3/4 cup shredded fresh apples, with excess water squeezed out ( My favorites are Fuji’s)
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 3/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 2 Tbsp dried Sage (1 Tbsp if ground)
How to make it
- In a large bowl, using your hands, mix sausage ingredients well.
- Form patties ( about 1/4 cup in size, they remind me of hamburger slider size).
- Then cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes per side ( or until brown on each side).
That’s it! Super easy and very yummy!!!