Another amazing city for studying Preservation, New Orleans! This program caught my attention because when I looked at the class layout, they had 4 options for streams (focus subjects) that you could chose from ( preservation planning, technology, methodology, and architectural history). Any program that allows me to focus on being in the lab and getting a degree, is a program that I will think about applying to!
So some facts about the program
- 2 year program with your focus subject determining the basic outline of classes
- Internship, heritage studies, national and international study travel that allows first hand experience in the field
- The ability to focus on the area of study that you are passionate about ( subject streams)
How to apply
- Deadline is around Jan. 15 (for the Fall 2014 start)
- Things required:
1. Portfolio (optional for MPS)
2. Statement of Interest
3. Official Transcripts
4. Letters of Recommendation (3)
6. Application Form
7. Application Fee ($25, non-returnable)
8. GRE scores sent to the School of Architecture
Tulane University Master of Preservation Studies website, here.
The link to information about the application procedure, here.
Hope this helps!