So since I had the fresh summer squash from the Farmer’s Market last Saturday, I had to think of a recipe to use it in. So came trying to make a Summer Squash Lasagna! The recipe is super easy and came out super good. Hope that you get to try this out if you have some fresh summer squash laying around.
What you need
- 3 Summer Squash
- 1 lb of ground turkey meat (I only used a 1/2lb)
- Shredded Cheese ( I used Sharp Cheddar)
- Pasta Sauce
How you make it
- Clean and slice the squash lengthwise about 1/8in thick. ( I cut off the ends and also don’t use the first lengthwise slice)
- Spray your pan with some non-stick spray. Then layer the bottom the pan with sliced squash. ( The pan I used was a pie pan, it’s all that I had). Then layer your squash with shredded cheese ( about a handful for the pie pan). Next is the turkey meat (put half of what you cooked)
- Repeat the process all over, squash, cheese, and turkey meat.
- The last layer the is a layer of squash
- Next cover the pan with foil and put it in the oven at 350°. Bake for 30 minutes. Take it out of the oven and add your final layer of cheese.
- Recover and bake for another 3o minutes. Take it out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before you serve it with pasta sauce.
My reason for not including the sauce when making it, is to make sure that it wasn’t to ‘wet’ after it was done. Plus having the pasta sauce on the side made it easier to put more or less sauce depending on what you want.
Hope you enjoy because I know we did!
And these pictures are not very good! I need to get way better at taking pictures of food! Also the BF gave this a 10, so even he loved it!