So there are tons of recipes out there all about using cauliflower pizza crust = a healthier pizza!!! This was a easy Tuesday night meal, considering I had to get back to lab to finish up some work I had running on the Raman Spectrometer. The recipe I used is adapted from all kinds of inspiration that I found on Pinterest. I thought it would be fun to add some extra flavours to the crust!
What you need
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp paprika ( a lil bit of heat in there)
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
How to make it
1. Wash the cauliflower and cut up in to more manageable sizes for grating.
2. Use a grater to “rice” cauliflower ( wish I had a food processor) .
3. Microwave for 8 minutes in a microwave safe bowl. Then let it sit for aprx. 15 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 450F and line a tray with parchment paper or prep with non-stick spray
5. Add the egg , cheese , paprika and garlic to the cauliflower and mix well
6. Pour on to prepared tray and flatten the shape you want. Lightly drizzle with EVOO
7. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown
8. Turn on your broiler
9. Top your pizza with whatever you like, and broil for about 5 minutes or until cheese melts/top browns
With this pizza I added some cooked chicken, green bell peppers, onion, cherry tomatoes, and some basil pasta sauce! It was super good and super easy to make! So hope you enjoy