So on a trip to Asheville last Friday, I made a stop by The Fresh Market to see what was there. I came out with stuff to make Granola Bars and decided to try out a recipe to see how I liked it.
Overall, they were amazing!!! I think next time I may bake them a little bit longer , so they have a bit more crunch to them! But they were still great!
What you need
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of granola
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons of honey
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla
How to make it
- Mix the granola, oats, and chocolate chips in a large bowl. Then mix the peanut butter, applesauce, honey, vanilla, and brown sugar. Once the ‘wet’ mixture is throughly mixed, combine the ‘wet’ ingredients with the granola and oats mixture.
- Mix all of the ingredients in the large bowl and then transfer to an oiled baking pan (I used to 8in pie pans), pressing the mixture lightly into the pan. Place the pan(s) into a preheated oven at 350°.
- Let them bake for 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown on top!
That is it!! All that is left is for you to enjoy them!