This is a recipe I wanted to try out from the May 2013 Better Homes and Garden Magazine. The picture looked amazing and it was also a pretty simple recipe to make, that included some ingredients I had from my Farmer’s Market trip over the weekend. The end result was ofcourse not as pretty as the picture that inspired me, but was still pretty delicious in my mind.
Now for the fun stuff…
What you need–
- Boneless chicken breast ( I used 1 for the BF and I, but the recipe calls for 4 in the magazine)
- 2 tsp ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped ( about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- Olive Oil
How to make it—
- Brush chicken with olive oil, then sprinkle both sides with cumin, salt, and black pepper. Cook on medium heat until chicken is done, flipping once.
- For Lemon- Cucumber Relish: In large Ziploc bag mix cucumber, tomato, onion, lemon juice, and garlic. Shake well and sit in fridge until ready to serve
- In a small bowl mix yogurt, honey, and milk. Mix until combined.
Serve chicken topped with Lemon-Cucumber Relish and drizzle with yogurt sauce! ( Even better this ends up at about 300 calories per serving!!!) I also added a piece of corn to our dinner!
Hope you enjoy!