I recently stumbled on an amazing baking website, Sally’s Baking Addiction, with all kinds of recipes that I can’t wait to try out! The first recipe I wanted to try was all because over the weekend I had picked up some Fresh Blueberries and needed a way to use them! This is what I came up with!
This recipe is a little bit different then the original, here, but I adjusted to make these muffins with what I had in my pantry!
What you need to make them
- 2 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon ( I love cinnamon, so less if you dont!)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, loosely packed
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
How to make them!
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Spray 15 muffin tins with nonstick spray.* Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together until combined.
- Mix together honey and brown sugar with a for trying to get out as many lumps as possible. Add the mashed banana, yogurt, vanilla and beaten egg.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, gently folding the mixes together.
- Add the milk slowly and continue to gently mix the ingredients together. Batter will look thick but that is ok!
- Gently fold in the blueberries. Do not overmix!!!!
- Divide the batter between 15 muffin tins. Fill all the way to the top. Bake the first 12, then the last three in another batch.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes until very lightly browned on the edges. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Allow the muffins to cool completely.
Sorry for the sad picture!! I accidentally deleted all the other ones from my camera!! But still they came out amazing and healthy. Plus they made an easy go to snack and a grab and go breakfast for me and the BF!!!